Thank you Denise, http://bnewvision.wordpress.com/ for this giving me this special honour of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! To write from my heart, with the intent of helping and encouraging my readers is the only honour and reward I expected or hoped for. To be acknowledged this way is truly encouraging. Bless you!
Of course with a title comes responsibility, and so having already acknowledged the person who nominated me and posting their link above, I will gladly: (1) post the award to my page; (2) list seven things about me; (3) nominate a few awesome blogs and let each of them know they’ve been nominated.
A Little Bit about Me
1. God is my first love. He is my solid rock in a life that started off as rocky. My husband is my best friend, my hero, my ‘other’ solid rock. My five children are my favourite people on this planet, along with my husband.
2. I am outgoing and love large crowds. As a speaker I am energized by people, so the bigger the audience the more comfortable I am. But I also need quiet down time for reflection.
3. I have the attention span of Hammy, the squirrel on ‘Over the Hedge’, but have learned to ‘reign in’ and manage myself fairly well. (ADHD) When I do things I love and am passionate about, I have a much better attention span.
4. I advocate for survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I believe that one day at a time, one voice at a time, one victim at a time, we can change the world. Mother Theresa is my inspiration in this mission.
5. I am a John C. Maxwell certified coach, speaker and trainer. As a coach/mentor, I specialize in improving communication; relationships/mediation; and faith/spirituality. Along with public speaking, writing and doing conferences, there is nothing I love more. This is what I was born to do.
6. Because of a violent and abusive childhood home, I left at age fifteen and have been on my own ever since. This experience inspired me, together with my husband Tim, to make our home as safe as possible for our children.
7. I am an optimist. I try to find the good in every situation, and use every obstacle as a stepping stone into my dreams. I love to encourage and inspire others to believe in God, believe in their purpose and pursue their dreams–that thing for which they were created.
Now, whether they choose to accept the award is not as important as my publicly acknowledging how these blogs have been a source of inspration to me. They are not in any particular order:
This is only a few of the many inspiring and encouraging blogs I follow, and I encourage you to check them out. Many others deserve recognition as well.
I am uniquely me. I think of myself as very strong and yet tender, determined yet reaching for guidance, wounded and still called to be a healer. My first love is Jesus, followed closely by my love for my husband Tim and our five children and many friends. My life is full and I love it!